Full Width CSS

21 Day Fix Instant Pot Quiche

21 Day Fix Instant Pot Quiche
My Instant Pot actually makes me feel like I’m a good cook. I’m not a good cook, not in “real life” (that’s why the recipes you see on this site are always easy). But in Instant Pot World, I’m doing pretty okay. I mean, I’m actually making things that my family is eating and not complaining about, and I’m able to cook chicken without messing it up, so…I consider that a win.
The 21 Day Fix program is always changing, and while I do my very best and never want to mess up (perfectionist, yo) please always double check the container counts yourself. Sometimes/usally it’s late at night when I write these posts. 

Ingredients
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (alternately, you could use whole milk, but it will affect your containers)
  • 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup water
You'll also need
A souffle dish or 7-cup round glass container that is safe for the Instant Pot. This is the exact one I used to make this. You'll also need to make a foil sling - if you've never done this before, here's a quick and easy tutorial. I've also put the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot in the pot first, and then just placed the quiche on the trivet - when it's done I used oven mitts and carefully pulled the trivet out with the quiche dish on top. I feel like that's not the safest way so I'll leave it to your best judgement.
Instructions
  1. Spray your dish with cooking spray.
  2. Whisk the eggs and almond milk together in a large bowl. Stir in the broccoli and red bell peppers. Pour the mixture into your dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
  3. Pour a cup of water into the pot.
  4. Use your sling to lower your quiche into the pot.
  5. Lock the lid and set the vent to seal. Choose the pressure cook (or manual, depening on your pot) setting on high for 25 minutes.
  6. Let the pressure release naturally for ten minutes, and then switch the valve to vent the rest.
  7. Remove the quiche with the sling using heat-safe gloves. Let it sit and absorb any extra liquid for at least five minutes.
  8. Serve directly from the dish you cooked it in. I had my mom over and she had to work some magic to get it out of the dish for the pictures...just trust me when I say it's easier to keep it in the dish, already.
Notes
1 red,.5 green, .5 blue
Recipe Source:carrieelle.com